Monday, February 8, 2010

Sirius Satellite Radio

So I thought long and hard about what tedder had told me about redeeming myself in the Wikipedia community, and I had to make a choice between trying to salvage respect for my username by legitimately editing a serious article, or just ignoring the advice and starting a new username to continue pranking. So I decided to do a little bit of both. I created a new username that gives a shoutout to tedder, the guy who blocked me originally. Without further ado, I give you Wikipranks by the newest member, tedder2! My new Wikipedia profile states, "tedder2: twice as good as tedder1." And to fulfill my obligation to edit a serious article, I decided to edit Sirius Satellite Radio. As always, if you'd like to see something Wikipranked, leave your suggestions in the comments.


Article HERE

David Margolese came up with the idea for satellite radio when he was travelling in the car with his wife, Hilda, while listening to FM radio. Margolese’s favorite group, Dave Matthews Band, was playing their new song Satellite when the radio station prematurely ended the song to cut to a commercial break for maxi pads. Margolese became so enraged, that he slammed the car’s dashboard with his fist, accidentally causing the airbags to deploy. The impact from the passenger airbag caused irreparable damage to Hilda’s larynx, which was replaced with a donor canine sphincter as the only means to save her. For six weeks after the surgery, Hilda’s breath smelled like dog flatulence which caused David to pick up many of his obscure hobbies in an attempt to avoid contact with his wife as much as possible. His three favorite pastimes included astronomy, model rocketry, and HAM radio, and in a flash of brilliance he came up with the idea to combine all three to create satellite radio.

UPDATE: Prank was reverted after 7 hours and 7 minutes without comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment